From 1 January 2015 each student will need a USI in order to receive a Certificate, Qualification or Statement of Attainment from their Registered Training Organisation, when studying nationally recognised training in Australia. This includes completing an apprenticeship or skill set, certificate or diploma course (any Nationally recognised training program).
- A USI account will contain all of the student’s nationally recognised training records and results from 1 January 2015 onwards. The results from 2015 will be available in the USI account in 2016.
- A USI account can be accessed online from a computer, tablet or smart phone anywhere and anytime.
- A USI is free and can be created by the student online or the RTO will do this as part of the enrolment process.
- To create a USI account the RTO or student will need at least one or preferably two forms of ID from the list below:
- Driver’s Licence
- Medicare Card
- Australian Passport
- Visa (with Non-Australian Passport) for international students
- Birth Certificate (Australian)
- Certificate Of Registration By Descent
- Citizenship Certificate
- Immi Card
When booking a candidate into Nationally Recognised Training with an RTO, the candidate will need to either have already created a USI account, or the RTO will create the account on the candidate’s behalf. The student will need to bring their ID with them to the course in order for us to verify or create the account. Without the USI, the candidate will not receive a Statement of Attainment, Certificate or Qualification upon successful completion of their course of training.